Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lewis Hamilton prepares for British GP with drive down memory lane

2:23 PM

Hamiltons return to Rye House Kart Raceway served as a useful reminder of how far he has come, but tough times lie ahead as he battles Nico Rosberg for the Formula One title

At the Rye House Kart Raceway, where it all started for Lewis Hamilton, he glistened like a monarch once more. His season may be in danger of collapsing into a sinkhole, especially if he fails to break the momentum of his remorseless rival, Nico Rosberg, at Sundays British Grand Prix, but in the small, commuter-scurrying Lea Valley town of Hoddesdon he will always be the greatest driver in the world.


Its very cool to be back here, Hamilton says. It brings a lot of memories back, a lot of great memories. It was 21 years ago now, which sounds ridiculous. I remember my first day here, my first crash here, I remember when Ayrton [Senna] died and I was here. I remember my Dad standing on the corner. I remember being in the little pond in the middle, which was dried up and muddy and not a real pond.


Continue reading...





from Sport | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1nVAmXo

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 NBA. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top